We have to be completely honest: when That’s it.® approached us to try out their chocolate & fruit truffles, we didn’t know much about them. So before agreeing to do a review on their product – something we take very seriously – we decided to do our homework first on the That’s it. web site.
After a little digging, we discovered their products are non-GMO, vegan, kosher, gluten-free, Paleo certified, Whole30 compliant, and use Fair-Trade Certified ingredients. Whew! That’s a lot to live up to… and we weren’t sure a product with that many buzz-worthy certifications AND contained only two ingredients (yes, two) could be good. Could they?
So, in the name of science, adventure, and a healthy curiosity for finding healthy(er) snacks, we agreed to do a review. After all, they are launching in select Costco stores* right now, so we thought our loyal readers might want to get the low-down on this new snack to hit the shelves.
OK, on to the review…
Not a whole lot to say here except these come in a nice and cleanly designed white pouch that really features the two main ingredients (fig & chocolate) in the imagery. We really like that these have a resealable top to help keep them fresh after opening the bag. The package was also super easy to open, which we appreciated.
These cute little truffles are the perfect bite size treat. The truffles are filled with flavorful organic fig on the inside with a light shell of rich organic dark chocolate on the outside. We really liked the thin chocolate shell because it still allowed for the flavor of the fruit to come through.
Taste & Texture
Let’s get this out of the way first: we really liked the flavor of these! We tried the Organic Dark Chocolate + Fig flavor, which is what Costco is carrying, but they also have 5 additional dark chocolate fruit varieties (date, apple+cherry, apple+blueberry, apple+strawberry, apple+banana) available for purchase on AMAZON.
Admittedly, fig is normally not our favorite flavor, but we really thought the chocolate and fig married well together. Neither the chocolate nor the fig flavor overpowered the other; the result is very subtle. The best part is that while there is definitely some sweetness, they aren’t overly sweet. The sweetness comes from the fruit and not a bunch of added sugar. The flavor reminds us of chocolate covered raisins, actually! We can’t wait to try the chocolate + cherry flavor and will jump on the chance if we see these in stores.
As for texture, it’s difficult to describe. These are a little bit firm, yet soft and somewhat light in the middle. The inside is an interesting battle between being both smooth, slightly creamy, and just the slightest bit “crunchy” at the same time. Crunchy really isn’t the right word, but the fig fruit has an almost crystalline quality to it that pops in your mouth. This is from the teeny, tiny edible seeds inside of the fig fruit. It really is a nice contrast and the unique texture adds to the overall experience.
Ingredients & Nutrition Facts
As we mentioned before, these truffles have only two ingredients: fig & chocolate. OK, so the chocolate itself is technically made from three ingredients (unsweetened chocolate, organic sugar, and cocoa butter), but it’s still quite astonishing these can be this good, have such a great flavor, and just the right amount of sweetness with only two main ingredients. The chocolate is 64% cocoa, a bit on the lighter side of the dark chocolate spectrum, putting it right in the middle of savory and sweet. .
And the best part is…only 100 calories in a serving of 5 truffles! But even if you had a strong sweet tooth and wanted to eat two servings (challenge accepted!), you could do so without feeling too guilty and knowing that you’re getting your fruit & anti-oxidants for the day. 🙂
One serving (approx. five truffles) contains: 100 cal / 1g of fat (0.5g saturated) / 1g protein / 24g carbs (5g fiber, 17g sugar – including 1g added sugar) / 0g cholesterol
Overall, we absolutely recommend giving these a try – especially if you like chocolate but are looking for a more guilt-free alternative. The interesting flavor and texture make these a great treat.
And remember, if you live in the LA region, get down to your local Costco tomorrow (3.8.2019) for free samples!
That’s it. is selling these truffles in select Costco locations right now. You can keep tabs for yourself on their web site.
- Arizona: Avondale, Cave Creek, Chandler, Gilbert, SE Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Paradise Valley, N Phoenix, Prescott, Scottsdale, Tempe, Thomas Road, Tucson, NW Tucson, SW Tucson
- California: Alhambra, Azusa, Bakersfield, Burbank, Carlsbad, Carmel Mountain, Chico, Chino Hills, Chula Vista, City of Industry, Corona, Cypress, Danville, El Centro, Fontana, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Goleta, Hawthorne, Huntington Beach, Inglewood, Irvine, La Habra, La Mesa, La Quinta, Laguna Niguel, Lake Elsinore, Lakewood, Lancaster, Los Feliz, Marina del Ray, Mission Valley, Montclair, Montebello, Morena, Poway, Moreno Valley, Northridge, Norwalk, Oxnard, Pacoima, Palm Desert, Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Del Rey, San Bernadeno, San Dimas, San Francisco, San Juan Capistrano, San Luis Obispo, San Marcos, Santa Clarita, Santa Maria, Santee, SE San Diego, Signal Hill, Simi Valley, Sunnyvale, Temecula, Torrance, Tustin, Van Nuys, Victorville, Vista, Westlake Village, Woodland Hills , Yorba Linda
- Colorado: Arvada, Aurora, E Colorado Springs, W Colorado Springs, Gypsum, SW Denver, Douglas County, Parker, Sheridan, Superior, Thornton, Timnath, Westminster Co
- Kansas: Wichita
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Orleans
- Nevada: Centennial, Henderson, SW Henderson, Summerlin
- New Mexico: Albuquerque, NW Albuquerque, SW Albuquerque
- Oklahoma: Tulsa
- Texas: Arlington, Austin, S Austin, Bunker Hill, Cedar Park, Dallas, Duncanville, El Paso, Fort Worth, N Fort Worth, Frisco, Galleria, Humble, W Katy, Lewisville, Lubbock, McKinney, Pearland, Pflugerville, Pharr, E Plano, W Plano, Rockwall, NW San Antonio, Sugar Land, Sonterra Park, Selma, Southlake, Webster, Willowbrook, Woodlands
- Utah: St. George
Found this deal at a store not listed above? Please add the store name (City & State/Province) in the Comments below and we'll add it to the Confirmed Locations list above. Your assistance will help other Costco bargain hunters in your area find this deal.